Three Pillars of Wellness
THREE PILLARS OF WELLNESS: MENTAL, PHYSICAL AND FINANCIAL
Wellness is a broad scope but can be broken into three key areas: mind, body and money. Below are tips to help bring these pillars into balance.
- Keep your brain and emotional health in top shape
- Play games and puzzles—they’re good for your brain muscles, plus they’re fun
- Find humor in life
- In colder seasons, include light therapy (phototherapy)
- Maintain a proper diet and exercise regularly
- Enjoy the seasonal sports available in your area
- Develop an indoor and/or outdoor exercise routine
- Stretch at work to relieve stress and change your posture at least for a few minutes
- Walk—even if it’s no further than the water faucet or coffee machine
- Get a good night’s sleep
- Organize your finances
- Create a budget and stick to it
- Lower your debt
- Save for the unexpected and beyond
- Enroll in a financial wellness program if offered by your company
While we can’t claim to be experts in the mental and physical wellness, we can help on the financial side!
Highland maintains important disclosures about its status as a Registered Investment Advisor with the SEC in its Form ADV Part 2. Copies of this document are provided at the inception of every relationship and can be accessed any time thereafter directly through the SEC.
This material was created for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended as ERISA, tax, legal or investment advice. If you are seeking investment advice specific to your needs, such advice services must be obtained on your own separate from this educational material.